Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Add DB Query in Insights Table

I’m trying to find database queries being ran by our application in insights but it seems like it is currently not being traced there. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

As part of this request, I would like to include it in insights so we can easily query it and build custom dashboards for performance or any use.

Instructions for feature idea replies:

Thank you for taking the time to help improve upon New Relic’s products. Make sure that you have voted in the poll for the feature you would like to see.

If you know of a workaround for a feature idea, please jump in and let everyone know your temporary solution.

You are welcome to reply to this idea thread with your use case and other information that you think is vital for our Product Team to consider while they review this feature idea.

Please keep your reply concise and constructive for easier review. And be sure to replace these instructions with your addition.

Thanks!

Hi, @icardenas: You are correct that individual database queries are not recorded in Insights. They are, however, recorded as metrics; you may view query data in the metric explorer:

To store the data in Insights, you would have to add code to your application to capture the execution time of each query, then send that data to Insights as a custom event.