Add tags on Alert Policies / Condition

Is there a way to add tags on my existing alert policies or conditions so that I can leverage the tag as filter to do a custom report for alerting analytics? Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Team - Any update? Thanks!

Hi @Edwin.Vasquez, Thanks for the details on your use case. At this time, it is not possible to tag alert conditions or policies. But, this is a great idea for a feature request and I’m going to go ahead and create one on your behalf.

As a workaround, you would have to add the tag name to the name of the policies/conditions themselves so that you can query with NRQL using LIKE clause. (example where conditionName like '%tag-name%')

----------

New Relic edit

• I want this, too

• I have more info to share (reply below)

• I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

2 Likes

Thanks for the prompt response @zahrasiddiqa! Looking forward to roll out this feature request. For me, it is more consistent to use the tags as filter for our custom reporting project. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi, @zahrasiddiqa do you have any updates about this feature?

We need to set tags for our alerts to improve tracking in our automation.

Hi @willian.santos, Welcome to Explorer’s Hub!

Let me know if the workaround I mentioned here works for you. If not, please go ahead and add your +1 to the poll above :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.