Adding new relic to Hostgator account

I am trying to add the initial code to a standard Hostgator website.

Can I add the appropriate code to the header the web page(s) - it’s a Joomla site so I would only need to add the code to the main index.php template page.

Or must I go deeper into the webserver to add the appropriate code.

Here is the main server info:
PHP Built On Linux enclave.websitewelcome.com 3.12.32.1415299699 #1 SMP Thu Nov 6 12:51:16 CST 2014 x86_64
Database Version 5.5.40-36.1
Database Collation utf8_unicode_ci
PHP Version 5.4.35
Web Server Apache

CPANEL has a php.ini editor, but it has fields and does not allow custom additions.

Again, this is for a Joomla website if that is helpful.

Thanks

Rowby

Hi @rowbyrowby - it depends on what you want to track. You will need to go deeper than adding code to index.php as you probably want the PHP Agent. HostGator has a variety of hosting account types; if you’re on one of their shared accounts then you may need to ask them for help installing NR since you need shell access for the installation.

On the other hand, if you’re interested in NR Browser then you can add JS directly to your web-pages without the agent. You can find instructions for the different deployment methods for Browser in Adding Apps to New Relic Browser.

And one bonus in case you aren’t aware - New Relic is deeply integrated with Joomla which you can read about here. You do need the PHP agent installed for that.

Does that help you move forward?