Adding private Slack channels in Applied Intelligence workflow

In the above screen shot when I select a channel for sending my issue alerts in workflow, I only have option to choose public channels .

Is there a what to select private slack channels ?

Hey @nevin.sunny,

Thanks for writing in. You should be able to private channels. See our docs below

https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/alerts-applied-intelligence/notifications/notification-integrations/#configure-slack-message-settings

Note that, for privacy reasons, users need to be authenticated once to select private channels.

Can you confirm the above? I look forward to hearing from you.

@emurphy
I have already authenticated my self

That is why I am not promoted with the warning

when I am configuring the workflow.

@nevin.sunny - If you are authenticated and able to select the private channel you should be able to send a test notification. Do your test notifications succeed?

I was facing the same issue. I had to add the New Relic app to the channel via Channel → Settings → Integrations → Apps → New Relic. After that, I can choose the private channel in the workflow configuration settings.

1 Like

Hey @kyle.flanagan,

Welcome to the community!

We appreciate you reaching out with a work around solution for this issue. Thank you for dropping in and posting to help others. Please let us know if we can help you with anything in the future. I hope you have a great day!