Alert condition not triggered notification event

Alerts Question Template

Please describe what you are seeing, and how does this differ from what you were expecting to see?
I have a condition violation but this does not triggered any alert or notofication event

If you are seeing unexpected alert violations, please provide a link to the incident, violation, and alert policy/condition. As well as a link to the entities data that is feeding that alert condition would be helpful.

link: https://one.newrelic.com/launcher/nrai.launcher?pane=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJhbGVydGluZy11aS1jbGFzc2ljLnBvbGljaWVzIiwibmF2IjoiUG9saWNpZXMiLCJzZWxlY3RlZEZpZWxkIjoidGhyZXNob2xkcyIsInBvbGljeUlkIjoiMTAzMzgzMiIsImNvbmRpdGlvbklkIjoiMTU5MjI3MzEifQ&sidebars[0]=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJucmFpLm5hdmlnYXRpb24tYmFyIiwibmF2IjoiUG9saWNpZXMifQ&platform[accountId]=2725311

If you aren’t seeing a violation when you think there should be one, provide a link to the alert condition that should be opening a violation and to the entity that is misbehaving, scoped to the relevant time window.

Helpful Resources:

Hey there @santiago11 -

I took a look at your setup and I have a question to help understand this better. I can see that this condition has created several incidents in the last few days. Were you notified of any of the condition violations for this query? Also, I can see that other conditions within this policy were also violated. Did you receive alerts for those?

Yes
But the last triggerd alert was september 29

to the other conditions, I dont have any alert of them in the past

Thanks

Thanks @santiago11 - I do not see anything obvious, so I want to pass this to my friends to dig in. We’ll get to back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks @hross I will appreciate your help because this is a headache with the Incident management team

Greetings

Hi @santiago11

I’ve been digging into this for a bit, and from what I can see, this alert condition is opening violations as it should be.

The policy’s Incident Preference is set to By condition, and the condition is a non-faceted NRQL alert condition, so each violation should open its own incident and send notifications.

Here is the alert condition: Autorzation Slow message process

Here is a list of violations from that alert condition: https://one.newrelic.com/launcher/nrai.launcher?platform[accountId]=2725311&pane=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJhbGVydGluZy11aS1jbGFzc2ljLmV2ZW50cy12aW9sYXRpb25zIiwibmF2IjoiRXZlbnRzIiwib2Zmc2V0IjowLCJ0ZXh0IjoiQXV0b3J6YXRpb24gU2xvdyBtZXNzYWdlIHByb2Nlc3MiLCJ0YWIiOiJ2aW9sYXRpb25zIn0&sidebars[0]=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJucmFpLm5hdmlnYXRpb24tYmFyIiwibmF2IjoiRXZlbnRzIn0

Here is the most recent violation: Incident 177650978

Here is the violation from the same day you took that screenshot: Incident 173175237

I notice in all of those incidents that notifications are being sent out and one of the notifications goes to your email address.

Are you still encountering this problem, where you’re receiving these notifications? It appears we’ve been sending them successfully, so I would recommend checking in your Spam folder or contact your email administrator to find out why they’re not getting to you.

If there are still instances where the alert condition is actually not opening violations when you think it should, please send a link to the condition’s query, scoped to the time frame where you saw the data breach the threshold. I’d be happy to dig in and see what’s going wrong.

Thanks for your help @Fidelicatessen

As I posted before, the encontered problem was the no triggered alert of violation in oct 15 at 3:15 pm
the event that you refers its at 7:41 pm

related alert are:

https://one.newrelic.com/launcher/nrai.launcher?platform[accountId]=2725311&pane=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJhbGVydGluZy11aS1jbGFzc2ljLmV2ZW50cy12aW9sYXRpb25zIiwibmF2IjoiRXZlbnRzIiwib2Zmc2V0IjoxMDAsInRhYiI6InZpb2xhdGlvbnMifQ&sidebars[0]=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJucmFpLm5hdmlnYXRpb24tYmFyIiwibmF2IjoiRXZlbnRzIn0

https://one.newrelic.com/launcher/nrai.launcher?platform[accountId]=2725311&pane=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJhbGVydGluZy11aS1jbGFzc2ljLmV2ZW50cy12aW9sYXRpb25zIiwibmF2IjoiRXZlbnRzIiwib2Zmc2V0IjoxMjAsInRhYiI6InZpb2xhdGlvbnMifQ&sidebars[0]=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJucmFpLm5hdmlnYXRpb24tYmFyIiwibmF2IjoiRXZlbnRzIn0

But still is not there an alert to de condition at 3:15 pm

Thats why I reported the issue

Now I modified the condition trying to ensure the trigger, the alert its working now, but I think is possible that this will happen again if whe dont find the root solution

Thanks,
Greetings

Hi @santiago11

Thanks for sharing these details! I’m going to open a support ticket to continue this conversation, as we may have to work through some private information. You should see the support ticket in your email inbox soon.