New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Alerting when estimated disk fill time X hours

Hi,

Is it possible with NRQL to create an alert which triggers when estimated disk fill up time is less than a specific number of hours?

I can easily create alerts when disk usage is > X%. However, it is one thing to be alerted when a disk is a 90% usage but it is estimated to fill up in 30 days, compared to a disk which is estimated to fill up in ~10 hours.

I would like to create an alert in which if estimated fill time is < 10 hours NewRelic calls Pagerduty. But if not, just sends an e-mail.

Thanks,
Daniel

@dmoldova this sounds like a great use-case for NRQL Baseline queries. The Infrastructure agent stores all of it’s data in Insights so you can create a NRQL baseline condition for free bytes, percentage, etc. I would suggest maintaining a static threshold in addition to the baseline, so that you can get notified of sudden changes as well as slow changes over time that go over a specified limit.

Can you provide an example of what that would look like? How to develop those into alerts?

Hi @reopelle.scott, I would advise reading up on our documentation on Baseline Alerts, and if you have any questions or specific use cases, we should be able to help :slight_smile: