Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Alerts_incidents API call returns 500 server error

alerts
api
bug

Hi,

I’m being returned 500 internal server errors when trying to call alert_incidents API from a python client and from the API Explorer itself.

Calling the url from a python app or even using the API explorer returns the following:

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
content-type: application/json
cache-control: no-cache
{
  "error": {
    "title": "Internal Server Error"
  }
}

I seem to get a correct response when the only_open parameter is true but fails when it’s not provided or if it’s false . Assuming it defaults to false.

Regards,
Cathal

Hey @CATHALDI - I took a look at your account, and I have been able to replicate the same 500 issue as you.

My current thoughts are that there may be a bad character returned in the list of returned incidents breaking things in the request. I have been able to find a correlated error in our internal monitoring, and I have passed that on to our engineering team to try track down the cause for you. I’ll follow up here with you when I hear back from them.

That would be great, thanks!
I’ll see can I have a look at incidents to see if any characters stand out on my side.

Thanks @CATHALDI - Our engineers say that the incident list is working in the UI, just not through the API, they’re looking into why. It may not be a bad character, that’s just a hunch for now. We’ll follow up when we know more :slight_smile: