Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Anyone installed successfully nri-network-telemetry?

Hi, I have some problems with the installation of Nri-network-telemetry.

First problems was:

=== nri-network-telemetry === [ lint ]: Validating source code running golangci-lint…
make: golangci-lint: Command not found
make: *** [lint] Error 127

The resolution is:

curl -sfL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/golangci/golangci-lint/master/install.sh| sh -s – -b $(go env GOPATH)/bin v1.20.0

But now, the problem is:

=== nri-network-telemetry === [ deps ]: Installing package dependencies required by the project…
=== nri-network-telemetry === [ deps ]: Detected ‘Go Modules’
=== nri-network-telemetry === [ lint ]: Validating source code running golangci-lint…
internal/flowhandler/ipfix.go:97:1: cognitive complexity 37 of func (*IpfixHandler).handlePacketForAgent is high (> 30) (gocognit)
func (h *IpfixHandler) handlePacketForAgent(agent string, packetChan chan []byte) {
^
internal/httpserver/server.go:78:17: mnd: Magic number: 200, in detected (gomnd)
rw.WriteHeader(200)
^
cmd/nri-network-telemetry/config.go:46:19: mnd: Magic number: 6343, in detected (gomnd)
Port: 6343,
^
internal/flowhandler/server.go:158:9: mnd: Magic number: 5, in detected (gomnd)
case 5: // Sflow
^
internal/flowhandler/server.go:161:9: mnd: Magic number: 10, in detected (gomnd)
case 10: // IPFIX
^
make: *** [lint] Error 1

Has this happened to anyone?

Interesting - I haven’t seen these errors before @wsantos2

Let me pull in @dgolden & @joelworrall - who have far more expertise in the open sourced Nerdpacks than I have. I’m sure they’ll have thoughts here.

Hey, @wsantos2 :wave: . I have successfully installed nr1-network-telemetry but not nri-network-telemetry. The latter is, to my knowledge, is an early version of a network telemetry integration for New Relic but is unsupported and is not under active development. You should try out the current version (nr1-network-telemetry) which was updated as recently as yesterday.

Ahh! My apologies, this is my fault. I misread your question @wsantos2 - NR1 Network Telemetry is the nerdpack, that I believed you were talking about.

NRI is the network telemetry integration, that belongs in a different category; I’ll get this post moved into the right space for your question.

Sorry about that.

Hello.
I also have the same issue when I compile go make.

Thanks for chiming in here @dokyun.kim

@wsantos2 & @dokyun.kim

I have looked internally and spoken with a few people, and as far as I can see, the nri-network-telemetry integration is supported by it’s developers, not by the New Relic Support Team.

You will get the most help by posting in the Github Issues page for this integration: https://github.com/newrelic/nri-network-telemetry/issues

Would you be able to go ahead and share as much info as possible in that issues page?