AWS Firelens Fluent Bit image is not pullable

Hi,

i’m trying to use the Newrelic Fluenbit image to send logs from an ECS/Fargate task to NewRelic logs, as described in the documentation (docs.newrelic.com/docs/logs/enable-log-monitoring-new-relic/enable-log-monitoring-new-relic/aws-firelens-plugin-log-forwarding#firelens-plugin).

if i use the provided image link, for europe eu-central-1 for example, the ECS task can not start, and fail with this error:

CannotPullContainerError: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for 533243300146.dkr.ecr.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/newrelic/logging-firelens-fluentbit, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login'

i can not pull the image myself, since it really requires a login.

what should i do to be able to access this image ?

thanks a lot

Sébastien

Hi @sebastien.gaide

Accounts utilising our EU datacenter have an additional config option required for the Firelens set up.

Scrolling down in the doc you link we see that:

If you want to send logs from Firelens to an EU account then you need to add an additional property to the options field of the logConfiguration object in your application containers.

"endpoint": "https://log-api.eu.newrelic.com/log/v1"

Could you add that to your config and see if you still get these Docker Login errors??

Hi Ryan,

thanks for taking the time to help me.
since my account is a EU account i have added the endpoint as you mentioned already.
this is used by the container, but to start the container the image has to be pulled, which is not possible without docker login apparently.

cheers,

Sebastien

Hi Sebastien - Thanks for that clarification. I’m going to bring this up with our engineering team. I’ll get back to you as soon as I have an update :slight_smile:

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue, is there any update on this?

Hello Edy, if you’re reaching the unauthenticated pull limit on Docker you’ll need to log in or wait until the pull period rolls over.

Documentation for “docker login” is here: docker login | Docker Documentation

Docker implemented rate limiting for container image pulls in November 2020, as described here: Increase Rate Limits | Docker

Hi, for anyone still facing this issue, you need to grant the task execution role pull access to the New Relic ECR repo.

2 Likes

Hi @dhanjay

Thank you for reaching out, and an excellent point to share.

Wishing a great day to you!