Best way of script writing

Hello Team,

We would like to know the best way of writing synthetic scripts.

One agenda would be what wound be the best/alternative way to write scripts rather than using $browser.addHostnameToWhitelist or $browser.addHostnameToBlacklist options to allow or avoid 3party analytics urls from page load?

We would like to hear from you on the same as sometimes users might use this to avoid getting alerts.

Please share the documentation or videos which helps us to go through the information on alternative methods.

Thanks and Regards,

Jagadeesh

Hi, @jsbalasu:

What would be the best/alternative way to write scripts rather than using $browser.addHostnameToWhitelist or $browser.addHostnameToBlacklist options to allow or avoid 3party analytics urls from page load?

I am not aware of any alternative method to allow or avoid third-party analytics in Synthetics scripts. What is your objection to these methods?

1 Like

Hello Phil,
Thanks for the reply.
my intention is to find the effective way of scripting as sometimes as users use functions like $browser.addHostnamesToBlacklist to block entire domain rather than specific url in pageloadout issues.

So just thinking to understand the alternative approach of rewriting the script instead of using $browser.addHostnamesToBlacklist as this might be a workaround step.

As you mention there is no alternative approach, but wanna to reassure from your end based on the explanation given above.

looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks and Regards,

Jagadeesh

As I said, I am not aware of any alternative.

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation