Boss Bingo #DataLikeABoss

New Relic is all about turning data into intelligence. Whether you are in a Dev, Ops, or DevOps role, we want to make you smarter about everything in your stack. But we don’t want to stop at just making you smarter. We want you to help make your boss smarter too by being the first, best, place to understand your digital business.

This month, we’re highlighting some of the many ways you can use New Relic to impress your boss and delight your customers!

Rules:

The rules are simple and you should recognize them if you have ever played bingo!

Choose any of the 3 challenges on the bingo board above and share about them in this thread!

When you get a ‘bingo’, post which actions on which dots you completed, and remember: you must complete either three dots across, three dots diagonally or three dots down (or go for the blackout! :black_circle: ) to win!

The first 10 people to post their ‘Boss Bingo’ will win New Relic SWAG! We will be posting who the winners are as soon as we reach 10! After that, there will be no more winners, BUT feel free to play until the end of the month.

Helpful links
Celebrity Dashboards

Bobby Valentine

Managing Change at 100 MPH

Intro to Digital Customer Experience Marketing

Visibility for Constantly Changing Systems

Have fun! :tada:

BOSS BINGO GIVEAWAY
Terms & Conditions
New Relic, Inc. (“New Relic”) invites all eligible participants to enter Boss Bingo Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) which will be held from Monday, April 10, 2017 at 8:00am PDT through Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 5:00pm PDT (the “Giveaway Period”). The first ten (10) participants to submit a completed bingo card to New Relic may be eligible to win the prize detailed below. Supplies limited.
Entries are limited to one bingo card per participant. A participant’s entry into the Giveaway constitutes acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY.

Prizes: The first ten (10) participants to submit a completed bingo card to New Relic will receive one (1) pair of New Relic socks and New Relic stickers. Prizes are non-transferable and have no cash value. Winners of the Giveaway will be announced publicly in the Nervdvana space of the Online Technical Community (https://discuss.newrelic.com).

Who Can Enter:
The Giveaway is strictly limited to legal residents of the United States and Washington, D.C. who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Participants are solely responsible for ensuring their participation in the Giveaway is lawful. New Relic employees are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway. New Relic reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify participants for any reason, including if it is determined that one’s participation in the Giveaway is not lawful.

Release:
All participants in the Giveaway release New Relic, Inc. and its respective employees, officers, directors and shareholders (“Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action including, but not limited to personal injury, death, damage to property or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Giveaway or use of the prizes provided in the Giveaway.

Limitation of Liability:
Released Parties are not responsible for any claims, damages, expenses, costs or losses to any person or property of any kind arising from or in connection with: (1) typographical or other errors in the printing of these Terms & Conditions; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines hardware, software, or failure of any email or entries to be received by New Relic due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion, unavailable network connections on the Internet or any website; (3) unauthorized third party tampering with the Giveaway; (4) technical or human error in the administration of the prizes; or (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail.

General:
Any entries generated by a script, computer program, robotic or other automatic means will be disqualified.

The Giveaway is governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California and the forum and venue for any dispute shall be San Francisco, California.

Participants acknowledge that any contact information collected during the Giveaway Period will be used for marketing and other internal purposes. New Relic reserves the right to terminate this Giveaway for any or no reason and at any time without further notice.

New Relic, Inc.
188 Spear Street, Suite 1200
San Francisco, CA 94105

2 Likes

here is my favorite NRQL Query.
SELECT * FROM TransactionError where httpResponseCode = ‘400’ and request.headers.referer = ‘https://YOURSITEHERE’ WHERE appId = 123456 SINCE 10083 MINUTES AGO UNTIL 3 MINUTES AGO

Bobby Valentine posts “how easy it is for MLBAM to manage application performance with New Relic”. i am still new to New Relic but BAM I am now writing my own custom NRQL queries so Kudos to you.

I am using NR Synthetics to do this and it is really helping. " Improving End-User Experiences with New Relic Browser and Synthetics" My only wish is to make it easier to do On Premise Synthetics and include the Reverse Proxy in the Simple Ping checks rather than requiring the scripted browser. But it is good stuff. PS. I got BINGO with MLBAM, UX and NRQL Queries. Go New Relic.

2 Likes

:tada: :tada: :tada: We got out first bingo!

Well done, @john.monroe! You sir get New Relic SWAG.

Feel free to go for that blackout, too! :wink:

Hey @john.monroe - love this! Feel free to share that here as well! Useful Insights NRQL queries library

1 Like

The alert that gets my boss out of bed is Checkout_Transaction_Time is > 2s for more than 5m.

2 Likes

Hmmm, I’ve completed quite a number of these prior to the Bingo post …

Quick check of the rules …

No time restrictions … Nope

Ok in that case I have completed
Intro to Digital Customer Experience Marketing from previous webinars, FutureStack events and the New Relic University Videos.
I have at least 2 people from my Company who have registered on the forum and posted.
I was at FutureStack when Infrastructure was released to Beta and we were involved in the Beta release.

House! No, it’s US English so Bingo???

1 Like

Ok, watched Digital Customer Experience: Managing at 100 MPH and Visibility for Constantly Changing Systems. Bingo!

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the inspiration, @stefan_garnham! Nicely done, as always! :blush:

Whoo! :tada:

Well done! Congrats and thanks for participating!

CONGRATULATIONS to @john.monroe, @stefan_garnham and @michael.julson !!!

for sharing you BOSS BINGOs

You three deserve special New Relic SWAG - thanks for playing! We hope that you learned a bit about using New Relic to impress your boss and delight your customers!

Hope to see you in the OTC soon! :blush:

2 Likes