New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Can you display the compare with yesterday and last week in Insights

insights
feature-idea

Apologies for all the posts

Is there a way of when adding a APM graph to an Insights dashboard to view the compare with yesterday and last week area on the graph. Can I also check if you can link the Insights Graph to the APM Page on click?

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @peter.cowen, you can add dashboard from APM to Insights as I suspect you know. Unfortunately, the comparison chart does not embed.

You could create an approximation of the chart using NRQL to some extent.

SELECT average(duration) FROM Transaction SINCE yesterday COMPARE WITH 1 week ago TIMESERIES

Stefan nailed it. There is a time picker now as part of the Insights dashboard UI but there isn’t a compare functionality across the time picker in Insights.

The query @stefan_garnham shows will give you the overall duration average (which is what your APM graph gives) compared with one 1.

I don’t think there’s a clean UI method to have stacked graphs like the APM UI gives that show this week and last week as the stacked graph would be covering the visible area. If you have example of stacked graphs like APM UI which compare current and previous data I’d love to see them and I can feed that back as an example of something you’d like to see Insights do in the future.

hello, acuffe!
not sure if this a question for you, but is there any chance of this becoming a feature in the near future? it would be really nice to have compares synch up with the time picker in the ui.

thanks!

Hey @amable -

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. I’ve gone ahead and added a poll and moved this thread to the Feature Ideas category. That will allow us to put this into the view of the engineering team. Feel free to vote in the poll and let us know if you need anything else.

Hi, any news regarding this feature ?
best.

Welcome to the community @alejandro.comisario - there is no news to report on this feature at the moment. We’d love to hear if you have any other details you want to share about how you would like to see this implemented.

SumoLogic has timeshift feature - similar implementation would be sufficient.

Thanks for the feedback @charles.lee - I’ll get that passed on to the product teams & I’ll get your +1 added too.