Can you search across accounts using Log or Insights?

Hello!

After reading this feature request Feature Idea: Permission Settings & Administration to add application-level permissions, I explored the idea of separating each of our applications into sub-accounts so we can provision users to have access to one or more application.

However, if you separate applications into different sub-accounts, it doesn’t appear there’s a way for anyone to search across those applications in New Relic One - Logs or Insights, both of which have an account drop-down.

So, as far as I can see, there’s no way to separate log access by application for some users while still being able to allow other users to search across applications. Is there a way to do this?

For example, user1 has access to account_api which holds application “API” and account_webapp which holds application “webapp”. Can user1 search across those two accounts thus search across those two apps thereby allowing them to correlate events between the applications?

Cheers

@2040d99cdbaa1c51f54b I can see you’ve done your research! Let me do some digging into this and run your question by our account team. Will get back to you soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi again, you are right there isn’t currently a way to limit application access but you could limit via account by having select users in a sub-account with specific applications. This doc does a great job of explaining: Master/sub-account structure

Hope this helps :slight_smile: