Cannot manage users

Hello,

It seems like User Management for our account doesn’t work. First of all in the panel with Users list, it doesn’t load. I got error message: “Failed to load users: Unsuccessful HTTP response” at account.newrelic.com.

I also tried User Management panel from Administration page but it seems like my account doesn’t have access to it. I checked it from Full and Owner account.

Could you check it up what’s wrong?

Hi @g2a,

Thanks for reaching out, I hope you are well.

I am happy to help here however the link provided appears to be broken but im not sure if this leads to the same error as you described.

In order to triage better can you confirm the account id in question as well as provide a screenshot and permalink to where you are seeing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi Team, I’m also facing the same issue.
The link contains some account-related information that why maybe you were able to access it.
https://account.newrelic.com/accounts/3*******/users

Hi @shivam.singh11

Thank you for reaching out, I hope you are well.

Please note I have created a case with the accounts team, and it appears you are currently in contact with them to resolved the issue.

The case id is 00061151, please do let me know should you need additional support.

I am having the same problem.

When selecting “Users” or “Roles”
I get “Failed to load users: Unsuccessful HTTP response” on both pages

Users sits at Loading…
Roles shows all the roles setup with 0 users assigned to the roles

Has anyone figured out a solution?

Hi @Louis.Bove

Thanks for reaching out, I hope you are well.

In order to triage better can you confirm the account id in question as well as provide a screenshot and permalink to where you are seeing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.