Change account owner to my account

Hi,
The Owner of the account has changed. How do I remove the email of the owner? The new owner is currently a member of Newrelic on the same app.
Vinny

HI,
I would like to change account owner to my account, whom is an existing member of newrelic already.

Hi @vinny1,

Great to see you back in the community, hope you have been well.

I understand you wish to change owners on the account. Please see Update The Account Owner Doc for guidance on the steps to take change owner on the account.

I hope this was helpful please feel free to reach out should you need further support.

Hi,
That doc assumes I can log in as owner, which I cannot.
How do I delete this account? I have cancelled billing. I will just set up a new one.
Vinny

Every time I try to post, it fails here

Hey @vinny1

Thanks for getting in touch with New Relic! I understand you are looking to change account ownership for your account, and I’m happy to help. For security reasons, there are a few options available to us:

1. If you still have access to the New Relic login information associated with the account owner’s e-mail, you can log in using those credentials and make the ownership change. Details can be found in the New Relic Ownership Change article.
  2. If you have access to the account owner’s e-mail, but not the New Relic password associated with that email, you can request a password reset.
  3. If you no longer have access to the account owner’s e-mail, we can make the change on our end. This process can take up to 72 hours and requires an external verification for security purposes.

If you would rather delete the account and start a new one fresh we can also process this request. For security purposes, there are a few steps that need to take place before we can move forward with this process:

Let me know which option works best for you. Have a great day and I look forward to hearing back from you!