Compatibility Ubuntu 21.10

Do you have a deadline for the newrelic agent to be compatible with ubuntu version 21.10? Thanks.

Hi there, monitor11!,
New Relic started supporting 21.10 in September 2021 and will continue supporting it through its manufacturer’s end of life.
It looks like Ubuntu currently has that scheduled for July 2022.

I appreciate that your question asked about compatibility, not support. So while things may continue to work after that, those are the dates of official support.

1 Like

That Github page only mentions support for 20.10 and 21.04 and here it clearly states that only the following Ubuntu versions are supported:

LTS versions 16.04.x, 18.04.x, 20.04.x Interim releases 20.10, 21.04.

So despite 21.10 being released 6 months ago, it seems like New Relic still doesn’t support it, which is quite a pity…

FWIW, this is the error message I’m seeing upon trying the installation on 21.10:

We encountered an issue during the installation: there is no newrelic infrastructure agent available for the distribution ‘impish’…

Hi @michael.mayrleb :wave:

I hope you are doing well!

There is this workaround that one community member tried for ubuntu 22.04 can you try doing :point_down: and see if it works for you?

change the code name in /etc/lsb-release from impish to focal

I hope this will be helpful to you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case of any additional queries or issues. I will be happy to help you.

I hope you have a wonderful day.