Configured webhook notification channel not triggering

Hi

I have configured my Webhook URL and custom payload to send as part of Webhook invoke. When i use ‘Send test notification’, i can see the alert payload at my Webhook server log. So i assumed my Webhook URL working fine.

Now I have defined a alert policy and attached this to notification channel created. I can see incident created in New Relic but not triggered notification channel attached to this alert policy. Am i missing any thing here?

Thanks
Srini T

@srinut096 - This is in the new Alerts beta, correct? If so, you can always review the Eventlog of the incident in question where it should show all actions associated with the Incident, including any notifications sent. If you do not see the notification listed there, please confirm that the Alert policy correctly shows the notification channel in the notification channels. If this is the case and you don’t see the event notification or a failure please send us a link to the incident in question so we can do further investigation on the lack of notification.

@sdelight Thanks for the reply and information provided. Yes, i am checking Alerts beta. Below are configurations in NR.

Below is the screen shot of incident

Below is the screen shot of event log section for the above incident.

Below is the screen shot of alert policy defined (highlighted with yellow color in previous screen shot)

Below is the screenshot of notification channel attached to this alert policy (highlighted with yellow color in previous screen shot)

@srinut096 - I’m going to create a support ticket for you so we can do some further investigation on this issue for you.