Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Cont Question about list of metrics

Hello, I had some post about list of metrics for Non-Java application.

I think my description was not good enough so I am creating new post with full description.

My team is trying to create a feature that Auto-generated monitoring alerts

for example, when register Java application, we would like to create some metrics on the application using NewRelic API.

I understand there are lots of different metrics available for java application, and choosing metric is very subjective.

This is why I am looking for the list of most popular metrics in general for the type of applications

Problems I am having…

• Could not find a document that list all available metric for the application (found for JVM, but not other types)

I found Insight provides list_of_metrics and popular_metrics when I choose a application.

Q. Is popular_metrics is generated from NR side or my side(based on our applications in Non-Prod)

• I want to have list of metric, and popular metric (if possible) for type of application that I do NOT have on my Non-Prod
    • For example, I have Node, Java, Go, Python apps on my Non-Prod, but I am also looking for Nginx, Consul.

If you have any advice or thought, please feel free to share with me.

Thank you!

Popular Metric for Non-Java applications

Hey @Changik.Choi - I responded a little earlier to your other post. I think my response there might be somewhat helpful for this question too:

Yes RyanVeitch, I saw it and It was very helpful thank you so much.
is there any possible way I can chat with you like 10mins?

Hey @Changik.Choi - do you have specific questions? I’m not necessarily an expert in APM monitoring, so I may have to get you in touch with some other people who can help.