Create monitor downtime for Synthetic via REST API

We need to create monitor downtime for synthetic via rest API and add multiple synthetic monitors to it.
Similar to the creation of muting rules: Muting rules: Suppress notifications | New Relic Documentation

Hi, @siteops_engineering: It is not possible to add multiple Synthetics monitors to an alert condition with a single API call. You may create a condition that monitors a single monitor as shown here: REST API calls for alerts | New Relic Documentation.

@philweber I am trying to add the Synthetics monitors to the monitor downtime. Not the alert condition.

I need to create this via rest API: Monitor downtimes: Disable monitoring during scheduled maintenance times | New Relic Documentation

The above document says that we can add multiple monitor’s and there is no limit for it.

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding. I do not think there is an API to create monitor downtimes: Feature Idea: Is there an API for "Monitor Downtime"?.

1 Like

Hello @siteops_engineering -

@philweber is correct - this is not currently available. But I did just check in our system and the team has planned to tackle that feature. I can’t speak to when it might make it into the product though.

@hross - Any update on this? I’m currently finding this to be a blocker to our current project.

1 Like

Hi @shaun.titus

Thanks for reaching out, I hope you are well.

There was a post which the feature request was made through. Please see Feature Idea: Is there an API for "Monitor Downtime"? - #24 by jessup for updates.

I hope this provides clarity on the request.