Custom application has lost styling after publishing

I built my first custom react app and was able view in New Relic through launcher. I had edited the included .scss file and the styling was showing up. But as soon as I published it through “nr1 nerdpack:publish” the styling disappeared and no further edits I make to the .scss file change anything. Any idea how to fix this situation?

It appears that the .scss is not being imported into the app anymore when I view the css files in the browser network tools. However, in the published version, that missing file shows up (as .css) in the tools.

@SAbrams61 Welcome to the community :slight_smile: Since this area is not monitored by our support team it relies on community members or other Relics to assist. I’m going to tag @jvajda to see if they have insights to offer towards your issue.

Thank you for helping out!

@SAbrams61 interesting, let me ask a few internal teams if this issue has come up before. Did you generate a new UUID before publishing?

1 Like

I didn’t create a “new” UUID for publishing, but I already had one set when I created the nerdpack. This is my current package.json:

{
“private”: true,
“name”: “newrelic-job-health-report”,
“version”: “0.1.13”,
“scripts”: {
“start”: “nr1 nerdpack:serve”,
“test”: “exit 0”
},
“nr1”: {
“uuid”: “b47f1840-cd7b-418a-8f3a-0d5c2bff5d47”
},
“dependencies”: {
“lodash”: “^4.17.21”,
“prop-types”: “^15.6.2”,
“react”: “^16.6.3”,
“react-dom”: “^16.6.3”
},
“browserslist”: [
“last 2 versions”,
“not ie < 11”,
“not dead”
]
}

I chatted with Mike Osowski and demonstrated and reproduced the issue to him. As a stopgap solution, after I publish, he had me stop the server and restart it (nr1 nerdpack:serve) and that seemed to get the styling back in the local version again. So now I just need to do that after each publish, until there is a “fix.”