New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Custom dashboard with cross information about specific user

Hi,

I would like to create a custom dashboard with all cross information in context of specific user. I would like to give my support team ability to filter all data from APM, and Browser via specific user_id attribute. In APM I have this attribute now, and I can filter all the data from this module. Do I have to add this attribute also as a custom browser attribute to filter Browser data (page views, js errors, etc.), or there is other way to connect apm, and browser transactions by attribute?

Hi @ibarkowski - Yes, adding the user context to the PageView as a custom attribute will provide you the “JOIN” between PageView and Transaction.

You can pop over to this feature request to add the session id to the transaction.

@ibarkowski - looks like Stefan was able to help here - he is indeed correct, you’ll need to add the attribute to the Page Views too as well as the APM Transactions. :slight_smile:

Just one more thing :slight_smile: Even if I would add for ex. custom attribute named user_id to the transaction (apm), and browser interaction (pageView) as well I can’t build one dashboard with combined information from apm, and browser in context of specific user (user_id) because there is no option to add more filter options to the dashboard. I can choose only one event type and attribute to build the filter (can’t combine event attributes). Is there any other options to achieve that?

@ibarkowski In the Event types and Attributes filter dropdown menus, you can pick more than one value at a time.

@babbott thank you :slight_smile: That tip solves my problem :slight_smile:

That’s awesome! Thanks for confirming @ibarkowski :smiley: