Custom Events Limits

Hello, I’m trying to understand the limits for custom events.

In the docs it says:

Number of unique custom event types per account per day: 250

Does that mean I can only create 250 new event types per day? Meaning if I had 250 today, tomorrow I could create 250 more and have 500 and then send information to all of them.

Or does it mean that I can only send information to 250 events regardless of how many event types I have? Meaning if I have 500, I can only send information to 250 events.

Any clarification on this would be very appreaciated.

Hey @j.lagrangereyes! That’s a great question. Now that you mention it, this is something that I’d like to know as well. I’m going to do a little research and get back to you on this as soon as I can.

1 Like

Hey @j.lagrangereyes

I just realized that I never got back to you on this. So first off, my apologies for that.

The limit is on how many unique * new * event types can be created in a 24-hour period.

I should mention, this limit isn’t just intended to protect our systems, but is also meant to improve your querying experience. Writing an effective query to correlate disparate data can be difficult when the data is stored in different tables (ie. event types). Storing your data in fewer event types makes it easier to discover relationships between data points and helps you get answers faster.