Custom Filtering in ALB Logs

Hi Team,

We are forwarding ALB logs to NewRelic and from there based on error events we are receiving alerts, can we add custom log filtering for our ALB logs where certain events can me discarded and only required informations are processed for alerting.

1 Like

Hello @sathyamoorthy.k

Thank you for sharing it in the community.

I will have to look into sending a custom log filter to see if it is supported. However, could you please, share with me the details of how you forward the ALB logs?

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case of any additional queries or issues. I will be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Vlad

We are forwarding logs to Newrelic from s3. The use case is we need to filter particular domain and send it to separate alerting channel if the domain failures/error is received.

1 Like

Hello @sathyamoorthy.k

Thank you for your continued patience while I was doing some search on the request.
I couldn’t find a straightforward solution for the use case described. However, I see that when using forward logs from S3 to New Relic there are New Relic’s log parsing capabilities by specifying the logtype.

Where for ALB there is the following Fields and definition.. Please see the following link for more details on Built-in log parsing rules.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case of any additional queries or issues. I will be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Vlad