New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Custom Infra Data not appearing in the New-relic infrastructure

newrelic-infra

I am using ruby script to send the custom data to the new relic, in the logs everything seems working fine. Though I can see all information of the VM except the custom info which I am sending and in logs that custom also getting parsed.
Please help trying to. follow https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/integrations/integrations-sdk/getting-started/integration-file-structure-activation documentation.

Hi, kiran.jain2: Where are you looking for the data? It should appear in the Insights Data Explorer as a custom event. If it does, then you can query the data and add it to a custom dashboard.

Hello @Philweber,Thanks. for you reply. Yes I am looking into the custom event and couldn’t find any customised data. Don’t know where I missed because logs showing everything is getting parsed below are the logs:
time="2018-12-03T15:32:49Z" level=debug msg="Sending 10 events to metrics-ingest" id=env-0 time="2018-12-03T15:32:49Z" level=debug msg="Getting the Sampling Path for plugin" data prefix=integration/com.my.env entity=env-0 error="Plugin not registered: integration/com.my.env" plugin name=certexpiry pluginID=integration/com.my.env time="2018-12-03T15:32:49Z" level=debug msg="Converted relative executable ./executablefile.rb to its absolute path /var/db/newrelic-infra/custom-integrations/executablefile.rb" cache path= data prefix=integration/com.my.env plugin dir="/var/db/newrelic-infra/custom-integrations" plugin name=certexpiry time="2018-12-03T15:32:49Z" level=debug msg="running command /var/db/newrelic-infra/custom-integrations/executablefile.rb with args [/var/db/newrelic-infra/custom-integrations/executablefile.rb]" data prefix=integration/com.my.en plugin name=certexpiry time="2018-12-03T15:32:49Z" level=debug msg="using environment [NRIA_CACHE_PATH= VERBOSE=1 PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/bin]" data prefix=integration/com.my.env plugin name=certexpiry time="2018-12-03T15:32:49Z" level=debug msg="{\"name\":\"integration/com.my.env.certs\",\"protocol_version\":\"1\",\"integration_version\":\"1.0.0\",\"data\":[{\"metrics\":[{\"cert.Subject\":\"/C=US/ST=TX/L=Austin/O=texample/OU=Cloud - green/CN=My Logstash CA DYS0\",\"cert.expirydate\":\"2022-03-01\",\"cert.issuer\":\"/C=US/ST=TX/L=Austin/O=trial/OU=Cloud - MY/CN=My Logstash Root CA\",\"cert.serial\":\"10856291363736844636\",\"cert.remainingdays\":1184,\"entityName\":\"cert_expiry:my_cert_left_time\",\"event_type\":\"MyorgCertExpryCheck\"}]}]}" data prefix=integration/com.my.env plugin name=certexpiry time="2018-12-03T15:32:49Z" level=debug msg="executing data source" data prefix=integration/com.my.env plugin name=certexpiry

Hi @kiran.jain2 just wondering if you could give me a permalink to the plugin you are trying to report to? :slight_smile: