Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Custom payload modifications

Is the default custom payload the same as the normal payload? Can we modify the values for the default keys and have it work? IE: could we change severity from the variable to a fixed value? Whenever I have tried, it fails to send successfully to any endpoint

Hi, @tim.davis: Yes, the default custom payload is the normal payload, and yes, you should be able to change a variable to a custom value. Can you post your custom payload here?

My custom payloads have been returned to ‘standard’ payloads. However, the ONLY change I make is:

{

“severity”: “WARN”,

}

OK, and how are you testing it? Here is what I just tried: I created a test endpoint at https://webhook.site/. Then I created a new webhook notification channel in New Relic Alerts, using my webhook.site endpoint URL. I created a custom payload and modified the severity field to pass a value of "WARN", and saved the notification channel. Finally, I clicked “Send a test notification”:

New Relic told me the notification was sent successfully:

When I inspected the request at webhook.site, I could see my custom severity value in the payload:

Same way, but it always errors out.

Maybe try again, and post some screenshots?