Daily reminders for open incidents

Hello NewRelic support,

Is it possible to send daily email reminders for open incidents?

Regards,

Federico

3 Likes

Hi @Federico.Galarza - That is not currently possible, New Relic Alerts sends up to 3 notifications per incident.

They are, at Incident Open, Incident Acknowledged, and Incident Closed.

This is a common feature request though, I’d recommend you share your use case over here:

where we can get it logged to the Alerting teams.

1 Like

Hi, @Federico.Galarza: While you wait for this feature, you may use the REST API to get a list of open incidents and generate a daily email.

2 Likes

I think this is a great idea!

@RyanVeitch as the other thread seems to be closed, is this still the case 2 years later?

Even if we could make the incident repeat the notification after X time until it was acknowledged, this would be a game changer!

Alerts are no good if we can’t get good visibility on them.

Hey there @ian.wilkinson,

Welcome to the community!

While I believe it is still the case that you cannot have repeating alerts until an incident is acknowledged, I am looping an engineer to get a definite answer for you. With that said I do know you can utilize a 3rd party integration like Pagerduty to send multiple notifications while an incident remains open.

Hopefully this is helpful to you and I appreciate your patience while we wait for a concrete answer for you. If you have more questions please do not hesitate to ask! Have a great day!

Hi @ian.wilkinson , confirming the answer from @michaelfrederick here. One notification is sent when an incident opens. Although this feature has not been selected for development in the past, we’re always interested in hearing how this could be game changing for your team, and updating feature requests as needed. Thanks for letting us know.

2 Likes