Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

DashO Mapping.txt - BuildID?

mapping
dasho
nr_build_id

Hi,
We now have an app that uses DashO to obfuscate the application. I’m not sure at which point we should be inserting the buildID and where we will be getting it from.

Our process so far:
DashO provides a conversion tool to format the mapping file into Proguard format:
java -jar ConvertMap.jar [options] [ []]

• so we run that and we get a proguard version mapping.txt file

** this is what we are missing **
add the NR_BUILD_ID to the end of the mapping.txt file
e.g. # NR_BUILD_ID: ef***---***-xxxxxxxxxxxx

Then upload the mapping.txt like we for our apps that use the proguard format via
curl -v -k -F upload=@“C:\Users\bobTheBuilder\Desktop\blahblah-mapping.txt” -H “X-APP-LICENSE-KEY:A******5” https://mobile-symbol-upload.newrelic.com/symbol

– The assumption of course is that we need to add the NR_BUILD_ID in the mapping.txt file.
– We can’t find docs on where this NR_BUILD_ID comes from or how it gets added to the mapping.txt
– Have you worked with DashO or a customer with DashO where you can reference how to do this?

Thanks for any help.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Thanks for requesting this, @scollings! I am happy to pass your use case along to our product management team since what you are describing is not supported. It is possible that this has been considered, so please add your vote above!

Hi,

Is there an update to this? We have a similar issue. We need to get the NR BUILD ID? where do we get it from? Or if it is not possible to get it, when does new relic add the NR_BUILD_ID to the end of the mapping.txt file? So we can generate the mapping.txt to the proper folder before new relic appends the NR_BUILD_ID.

Thanks!

Hi @scollings, @nathanieljames.lim , to get the NR_BUILD_ID, you need to generate a crash for the specific app build first. Then you should be able to see the “App Image Uuid” attribute (this should be the NR_BUILD_ID) in the crash details page. Note: make sure the crash is from the same build of the mapping file.
7f7f2a92b945548d028c717153481b4f029d9e03_1_690x413

Hi xlu, thanks for your reply. is there a way to get the NR_BUILD_ID somewhere without looking at the portal manually? We have an automation in place and we plan to automate the uploading of the mapping file after each build. thanks!

Hey @nathanieljames.lim - Currently there is no other way of grabbing that information, other than to go to the UI.
That said I’ll get a feature request filed to make this information available some other way, like via an API Endpoint.