Data Ingestion NRQL query

Hi,

I can know the overall data ingestion for a New Relic account. Following is the query:

SELECT rate(sum(GigabytesIngested), 1 day) FROM NrConsumption WHERE productLine=‘DataPlatform’ FACET usageMetric TIMESERIES AUTO since 30 days ago

But I would like to know the data ingestion for an application. Could you please suggest a NRQL query for the same? I think I cannot filter on the appName in the above query.
Looking for a solution at the earliest…

Thanks,
Pinakee Biswas

Hi @pinakee.biswas, not sure if your situation stumped some of our community members. I’m going to tag @6MM and @RyanVeitch to see if they can offer some insights for you.

It is my understanding that this is not possible.

@6mm Thanks for sharing that information. Bummed if it isn’t possible. Curious to see if @RyanVeitch has a different opinion or not. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @JoiConverse @pinakee.biswas - I’m with @6MM on this, I don’t believe we have app specific info for this.

What you could do to see which apps are the greatest contributors of your usage, you can construct queries like:

SELECT count(*) FROM Transaction SINCE LAST MONTH UNTIL THIS MONTH FACET appName

In a test account that returned info that there were 11m reported transaction events for one app, and 11 transaction events for the other. So clearly the 11m events result here has the biggest impact on the account usage.

2 Likes