"Deny new metrics" rule

Hi! I see

Only NewRelic administrators are allowed to modify “Deny new metrics” rules. Please contact support

message on the “Metric Normalization” page.
But I’ve tried to check our metrics, and I don’t see any wrong metrics (with some random values, etc.) – metrics look OK.

Could you please help me find the wrong metrics or suggest other possible ways to fix that?

Hello Roman!

Can you share the link to the application is currently restricted by the Deny New Metrics rule? The occurrence may be due to a MGI. You can learn more about MGIs and understand better at: Relic Solution: Video - Understanding Metric Grouping Issues in 80 seconds

Thanks,

Hi! https://one.newrelic.com/launcher/nr1-core.explorer?pane=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJhcG0tbmVyZGxldHMub3ZlcnZpZXciLCJlbnRpdHlJZCI6Ik1UVTRNamt5TUh4QlVFMThRVkJRVEVsRFFWUkpUMDU4TlRJd056ZzBNamMifQ==&sidebars[0]=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJucjEtY29yZS5hY3Rpb25zIiwiZW50aXR5SWQiOiJNVFU0TWpreU1IeEJVRTE4UVZCUVRFbERRVlJKVDA1OE5USXdOemcwTWpjIiwic2VsZWN0ZWROZXJkbGV0Ijp7Im5lcmRsZXRJZCI6ImFwbS1uZXJkbGV0cy5vdmVydmlldyJ9fQ==&platform[timeRange][duration]=259200000&platform[$isFallbackTimeRange]=false&platform[accountId]=1582920

Hello @roman-yarovoy

I went ahead and disabled the DENY_NEW_METRICS rule for you. The usual case for this rule occurring is due to MGIs. You can learn more about Metric Grouping Issues and how to avoid them here: Relic Solution: Video - Understanding Metric Grouping Issues in 80 seconds

Thanks,

Let us know how this worked out for you @roman-yarovoy!

Thanks! Now we have a similar rule again, and I see a few “random” metrics (with pattern .*{{priority}.*) which I’ll fix.
Also now NR UI works very slow and returns errors sometimes.
Maybe our app is too big and we should upgrade our subscription plan?

Also, could you please help us to get an admin account?
Now the “owner” of the app is some Heroku email, which we can’t use to log in.

No problem @roman-yarovoy, I have reached out to our account team to assist you with this. They will follow up shortly by email.

1 Like