Deploy multiple version of the same nerdpack

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to run multiple versions of a NR1 app at the same time in the same account. Specifically, we want to be able to run a preprod and prod version of the same application simultaneously.

We first thought we were going to be able to use channels to accomplish this, but it looks like channels are only used to manage versions of the same application (as opposed to having to versions running simultaneously).

So far, the only way we have found to this is to regenerate a uuid and deploy the other version as a separate application. But this is not an ideal approach, because then we have to keep track of multiple uuid. Is there an easier way to accomplish this?

Hey @alex.plaza.gonzalez

The way you’ve got it running right now may be best. You can subscribe to the DEV channel of a nerdpack as well as the STABLE channel - but without setting them up as separate apps with separate names, you will have a hard time discerning which is which.

You may have success by subscribing one account to the STABLE channel, and have a subaccount subscribed to the DEV/BETA channels . Then when you access the nerdpack and ensure you’re looking at the sub-account view, you’ll see the dev edition of the nerdpack.

Then when you access the nerdpack and ensure you’re looking at the sub-account view, you’ll see the dev edition of the nerdpack.

Thanks @RyanVeitch! Would you mind clarifying the statement above? When I open the Apps menu, I don’t see a way to change to a sub-account view.

Sorry - I hit reply a little early… I meant to include a note that to do that you’d implement an account picker in the nerdpack: https://developer.newrelic.com/components/account-picker so that you could look at it from multiple account perspectives.

2 Likes

Thanks @RyanVeitch! I’ll give that a shot.

1 Like