Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Deploying to google app engine

gae

Hi,
Is it possible to deploy New Relic APM to google app engine?
If not is there any other way I can use custom events without the APM?

Thanks

Google App Engine

Hey there @newrelicUser - Google App Engine is a virtual server that doesn’t provide the access level necessary to install a New Relic APM agent. However, since you’re in control of the HTML generated by your application, you could use New Relic Browser’s copy/paste deployment. If you have a compatible subscription, you could then send custom events from the browser in addition to the regular browser monitoring.

I wonder if this answer is still valid when google app engine supports flexible environment which allows users to build custom docker container for runtime.

Hi, jlee1: You are correct that it is possible to deploy New Relic APM to Google App Engine flexible environments. The replies earlier in this thread apply to standard environments.

I installed new relic php agent successfully in google app engine flexible environment which allows users to build custom docker container for runtime. Refer steps and details to my blog, https://liyao13.wordpress.com/2017/04/29/yao-li-how-to-install-new-relic-agent-in-google-app-engine-flexible-environment/