Difference between Load time and Network timings

I don’t understand why there are different values in different charts in Synthetic reports.

Simple Browser check:
Looking at Performance timings (or Load time in the old UI) I see an load time of 7.2 seconds for a specific check at a specific time. Looking at Network timings chart I see a different (3 seconds) load time for the same check?

Second: when I look at my dashboard chart and change the Chart Type from Line to Area then the graph shows longer load times?

I a Ping test looking at the Result tab I see the latest check took 84.2 ms. But looking at the Network timings chart on the same page I see the same latest check took 36ms…?

What logic am I missing here? :slight_smile:

@info18 Sorry you have been waiting awhile for a response from our community. I’m going to bring this back to the attention of our support team. Thanks for your patience!

Neal Mc

Thank you Neal! However, I still did not receive any answer yet…

Hi @info18

I believe the discrepancy you are seeing is due to the unmeasured behaviors described here:

This causes the monitor’s duration (which is what we are showing for the Performance timings) to be larger than the individual page request durations or network timings.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions.