New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Disable default date filter in insights dashboard

feature-idea

for some dashboards the date filter is not helpful. I have a dashboard with “daily” and “weekly” charts that apply a fixed granularity of 1 day and 1 week respectively. Using the default filter overrides the granularity and confuses every new user that tries to use the dashboard. is it possible to disable them?

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

@gtagliabue - the Default timeframe reverts the widgets on display to whatever is states in their SINCE clause of the query they’re based on. If no SINCE clause is specified then the widgets default to 60 Minutes.

The other timeframe options override these defaults, but returning back to default will revert to the SINCE clause specified.

If you believe the current defaults aren’t beneficial to you, you can update the SINCE clause in your queries :slight_smile:

I do set a SINCE clause in all my queries. the problem is that if people change the filtering using the filter widget, the SINCE and the granularity will change in ways that will not really make sense for that specific dashboard, causing quite some misunderstandings. I am looking for an option to not show that date filter at all

@gtagliabue Thanks for the clarification - At the moment that is not possible, so I’m going to go ahead and move this post over to the Feature Ideas space, where I’ll add a poll to your post and file a feature request on your behalf internally. Thanks! :smiley: