Disk Monitoring when partition mounted on hidden directory

I have a linux server (ubuntu) with a new physical disk /dev/sdc mounted on (e.g.) /mnt folder.
In new relic SERVER monitoring I can see the new disk. If I would mount same disk on a “hidden” directory (like e.g. “/.mnt” ) new relic will hide the disk, and I can’t monitor his I/O and disk space.

Is there a way to configure the agent in order to monitor disk mounted in that way?

@netrace,

I’m afraid there is no such configuration option for the Servers product on Linux. In order for the agent to detect and monitor the disk, it must be listed as mounted and visible in either of these files:

• /etc/mtab
  • /etc/fstab

As a side note, the Infrastructure product will also check an additional location for mounted disks:

• /proc/filesystems

Best,

Hi @Sarsaparilla,
the issue I’m experiencing seems related only to web version of NewRelic SERVER monitoring.

I can see the Disk IO in NewRelic iOS App, but it’s not visible in the web version.

The disk is mounted in /etc/mtab using a hidden (hidden = directory named with starting dot) mount directory:

$cat /etc/mtab
/dev/mapper/my-group-lvm /mnt/.cache ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 0

If I change the mount point to /mnt/cache (without the starting dot) the disk become visible in the NewRelic web version.

Let me know if you need more info for debugging this.

@netrace,

This appears to be due to a bug on our end in the way the web version is rendering these pages. I have submitted a report on the issue to the development team. This allows us to track the issue separately from this forum post. Defects are analyzed and prioritized regularly and this issue will be considered in this process.

Thank you for making us aware of this issue!