New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Duplicate Application Name after deployment

apm

After completing a website deployment I see duplicate names of Application and the data is updating on 1 of them. The web application is only on 1 server so I’m sure what is going on.

hey @jason.ford

Could you tell us what type of Agent you are running this application on? Is it dotNet, PHP etc? Would it be possible for you to provide me with a permalink?

You can do this by navigating to the page where the issue is present, scrolling down to the bottom right corner and clicking on ‘Permalink’. This should provide you with a URL you can send back to us so we can investigate further.

Speak soon!

Its a .net application
https://rpm.newrelic.com/accounts/868655/applications

https://rpm.newrelic.com/accounts/868655/applications, its a .net application

Hey!

So it looks like you have one reporting and one not reporting. Do you perhaps have other copies or builds of that app also reporting on that machine?

I have the same error but with the php agent.
I already change the newrelic.ini “appname” but i still got the duplicate name.

Any suggestion?

Nelson,
Can you provide a Permalink for us to look at? And the name of the application that is being duplicated?

Also, did you restart your webserver after the change? INI file changes are only active after a restart.

Did you get anywhere with a solution for this? I have the same problem where I have a .NET application which there are now 2 New Relic applications with the same name but different IDs, one reporting and one not. The one not reporting was the only application until Friday evening, and now we have this second one which has taken over and is now receiving data leaving the original application unused.
Friday evening we called the API to create a deployment marker for the application, and this has happened at the same time. I have a number of other websites which the same deployment marker code has been run for and this duplication has not happened to them.
Thank you.

Hi @johncorker,

Can you give us links to the apps in question so we can take a look?