Email Alerts are not sent

Hello!

Somehow the Email Alerts are not being sent anymore for our Infrastructure application.
We tried to send the Test Alert email and it worked fine but the real world alert do not get sent. We modified the memory usage alert to generate a warning when usage is above 40% for 1 minute but no email was sent once the condition was met.

Can we get help with this issue please.

Regards
Alex

Hi @saneklondon - The post below provides information on some checks to make then request New Relic to remove the email address from their suppression list.

1 Like

Hi @saneklondon,

I notice that you mentioned:
"We modified the memory usage alert to generate a warning when usage is above 40% for 1 minute but no email was sent once the condition was met.

As per our docs:

You can also set thresholds for a less serious warning level, which does not generate an incident or send a notification

If you want to receive an email set the thresholds for critical instead.

More details here: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/alerts/new-relic-alerts/defining-conditions/set-thresholds-alert-condition

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Hi

@stefan_garnham
Thank you for the reference. I checked and seems nothing is relevant to us.
My developer and I are using Gmail accounts for receiving the alerts that were working perfectly until recently.

@ nogueirNR Support
Thank you for your suggestion.
We followed it.

• We modified the alert to generate a critical alert instead of a warning, when the memory is over 40% for 1 minute
  • The situation is being noticed and reported by NewRelic, but so far I got no mail
  • The problem is reported in NewRelic, but no email is sent
  • We also have several alerts for detecting whether certain processes have stopped running: one for Apache, one for Nginx, one for MariaDB, one for Redis. These don’t send alerts either (we only tested using the Redis process, as it’s a non-critical process…). Just to be clear… the processes not running alerts are “critical” not “warnings”.

Any ideas?
Can you please check if our emails are added to the suppression list?

Regards
Alex

Hey @saneklondon,

Thanks for reaching out. The symptoms you are experiencing don’t point to suppressed email address. If your email address was suppressed the Test Notification would also not make it to your inbox. I double checked and your Gmail address associated with your Explorer Hub account is not suppressed.

I suspect the culprit is the Alert Policy Incident Preference. However, to be certain, could you please provide a link to an Incident where you expected to receive an email notification, but didn’t?

In the meantime, the links provided below go into detail on Incident Preferences and the affects on notifications:

Regards

1 Like