Enabling CloudTrail for ap-southeast-2 region

I see there’s been a few requests in the forum for this already, but we need to get our CloudTrail events into New Relic for the ap-southeast-2 AWS region.

Per https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/infrastructure/amazon-integrations/aws-integrations-list/aws-cloudtrail-monitoring-integration/ it sounds like this is a manual process to get enabled. Could we please get that added?

Hello @cosive

Thank you for reaching out to us in the community. I opened a ticket in order to request that the AWS CloudTrail gets available for you as your asked.

I will be updating it here and the ticket also.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case of any additional queries or issues. I will be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Hello @cosive

Just a follow-up question to my previous correspondence. can you confirm if you are using the AWS Poolinhg integration or are you using the AWS CloudWatch Streams integration?

AWS CloudTrail services not fully replaced with CloudWatch Streams

I’m asking, as for the following account I can see only CloudWatch Metric Streams integration. Are you looking to use both integrations at the same time?

Looking forward to hearing back from you

Yes - we’d plan to use both integrations for CloudWatch Streams (for metrics) and CloudTrail event logging.

Hello @cosive

Thank you for letting me know, I will get back to your shortly.

In the main time please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,

Hello @cosive

Thank you for your continued patience. I had engaged our internal team and I sent an email to you. As soon as I have any updates about it, I will let you know.

Please feel free to let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case of any additional queries or issues. I will be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Hello @cosive

I’m just replying it here so the community have visibility to it:

Thank you for your patience while we are working on this.

Can you please confirm that the region enabling can be done for all regions? as per the last response from our internal team: “we can’t be enabled just for 1 region, we can enable it for all regions and customers can filter regions they want to get data from an integration configuration. Please confirm with the customer that they understand this and there won’t be unexpected data ingest once we do this”

Therefore, just to be clear when we enabled it for more regions it will be enabled for all regions.

I’m waiting to hear back from you.

Regards,

Vlad

Yes, enabling all regions is OK.

Hello @cosive

Thank you for letting me know, I will updated the internal team and get back to you soon :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Vlad

Hello @cosive

Can you please review on your side if all is as you expected? all regions should be now enabled/ Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. I will be happy to help.

Kind regards,