Errors APM Panel.. it's really terrible.!

I agree to Frans, the old painel is very easier and useful, and currently is the first reason i still using newrelic in our environment. The new painel for me dont needs exist… doesn’t help anything… i need a trainning to understand that and if i needs it for a log/errors painel definitely something is wrong.

Hi @eoliveira - it looks like we had previously worked with you in a ticket as well as in this post. The agent that you use, .NET, doesn’t yet have full functionality for the new panel. I’ve made sure your feedback is captured for our product managers so that we understand the need for full support from the .NET agent. As mentioned by @scarpenter above, the old panel will continue to be around until the .NET agent fully supports the new functionality at least.

2 Likes

Hello everyone - thank you so much for your feedback on the new errors page. We’ve released some improvements to the error analytics page incorporating the helpful input you gave us. We hope you’ll find the new view a better help in exploring and diagnosing your errors, and we welcome any more feedback you may have!

1 Like

Hi @alexis - Sorry but I don’t see this is much of an improvement. I am running the .Net agent only so it may not yet be as richly featured until it supports TransactionError events.

Hey @stefan_garnham - I see you also gave your feedback to @scarpenter in his post - thanks for reaching out so thoroughly! As he mentioned we are all excited for that support to arrive. :slight_smile:

Just an update - we added support for Error analytics to the .NET Agent today. Check out details here.

2 Likes

Hi, not sure if this is the right place, but I’d like to provide some feedback on the Error Analytics report, and impending retirement of the Errors report.

The new Error analytics report is powerful, and in combination with insights I can really dig into data, but for me the most basic and most important workflow is much harder.

Let me explain: We have a big python application that’s monitored by New Relic, and I check New Relic everyday to see whether there are any errors in the part that my team covers. This is really easy since all relevant urls/transactions/classes have a specific marker in the name (let’s say the classes are called xyz.function.subfunction). What I do is I go to the Errors page, type ‘xyz’ in the filter box and immediately see all relevant information.

Getting this same information from the Error Analytics page is incredibly hard! I can group by Transaction Name, but if there are 20 unimportant transactions (not all transactions are equally important) with more errors then the relevant transactions don’t show at all.
Additionally the search box does not allow me to just type ‘xyz’ and filter on the transaction names.

I like the more advanced features, but please do not retire the normal Errors page until the simple things work too.

Thank you

1 Like

Yea. The old erros page is so important for us. It would’t be replaced never. Its so basic but works so much well and maybe it works fine because that.

@scarpenter @SamusSam Any news on whether the old page will be kept?

The ‘Errors’ page still shows the warning that it will be deprecated, but the ‘Error Analytics’ page still does not support important workflows. I very much agree with @ Frans in that regard (see also my previous message): ‘Errors’ is superior for my most important workflow.