Export as CSV doesn't respect the current time range

Selecta a service and set a custom time range in the time selector.
Go to Monitor > Transactions > Show all transactions table… > Export as CSV

It always downloads what seems to be the data from the last 30min, no matter what time range is selected.

It used to download the data for the currently selected time range.

Hi @openhost

Thanks for reaching out, I hope you are well.

Sorry to hear you are facing this issue. I would suggest following our docs here, Manage your dashboard | New Relic Documentation.

Also just to double check are you changing the retention look-back ? Please see screenshot for reference, as if its set to 30min, it will only reflect data within that time.

I hope you are well, please do feel free to out if the issue persists or if you have any questions.

Hi, @dcody.

Thank you for your help.

Yes, I’m changing the retention look-back. That’s what I meant by “set a custom time range in the time selector”. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.
I’ve just tried changing it again after opening the full transaction table but it doesn’t help.

The full transaction table is ok, it shows the data for the picked time range. It’s the exported CSV data that is wrong. It always exports only the last 30 min.

Hi @openhost

Humm this is tricky one, I will go ahead and loop in a dashboards support engineer here as I am unable to locate why this is occurring.

Please note they will reach out via this post with any updates. Should you have updates, questions or additional fixes please let us know!

@openhost - I’ve been able to reproduce this issue. I am going create a support ticket for this so we can gather some additional information and get it over to the Engineering team to investigate.

@openhost - It looks like we won’t be able to open a ticket for you at this time due to a lack of info in our system. Can you provide a permalink to the transaction table you are trying to export as CSV? Thanks!

@dkoyano - I hope this does Log in to New Relic

Thanks @user2580 - I have sent this along to Engineering.

Hi @openhost - In the Old view the data is not accurate. Engineering is suggesting customers use the New View and Export the results as it is working fine in the new view.

1 Like