Exposed License Key

My license key has been committed to GitHub for a class project I am working on.

How do I get a new one?

Hello @justin.t.greer1,

Welcome to our community space, we appreciate you stopping in! It looks like you are needing to rotate your license key due to a security concern. We do allow users the ability to create and manage their own keys within their accounts without the need of a support agent.

Our New Relic Docs are a valuable source of information for all things New Relic related. You can find information on API Keys within NR in these two DOCs:

New Relic API keys | New Relic Documentation

NerdGraph tutorial: Manage license keys and user keys | New Relic Documentation

If you are needing the original license key changed we can definitely assist you with that! Please let me know if you were able to resolve this yourself and reach back out if you need assistance with your original license key so I can get you taken care of!

Have a great day!

thank you, I was able to get my key sorted out!

1 Like

@justin.t.greer1 ,

Happy to hear the issue has been resolved. Hope you have a great day :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hello, very sorry, but I exposed my original license key in a repo that I don’t want to make private because I’m applying to jobs. Can you please rotate it? Again, very sorry, rookie mistake.

Hi @tonyllinz

Thanks for reaching out, congrats on your first post here!

Fear not this happens to the best of people, and we are here to help.

The main challenge here is that the email associated to the account is personal/public email domain. Unfortunately our systems can not have cases generated in them, that are related to personal/public.

If you can update the email in the account to reflect am email related the accounts company, we can proceed easier.

Please also note I have sent you a direct private message, to confirm some account info.

Looking forward to hearing from you!