FATAL could not fetch license key for account : 403 response returned

Hi!

We have a problem trying to install the infrastructure and log agent.

This is the command I run and the command response:

ubuntu@dev-api:~$ curl -Ls https://download.newrelic.com/install/newrelic-cli/scripts/install.sh | bash && sudo NEW_RELIC_API_KEY=[redacted_account_api_key] NEW_RELIC_ACCOUNT_ID= [redacted_account_id] /usr/local/bin/newrelic install -n logs-integration
Starting installation.
Installing New Relic CLI v0.49.0
Installing to /usr/local/bin using sudo
FATAL could not fetch license key for account [redacted_account_id]: 403 response returned

Hello @vrodevs ,

Thank you for your query!

I understand you are receiving the following error using the guided install for the Cassandra Integration:

Error: FATAL could not fetch license key for account ------: 403 response returned

A 403 error would indicate a permissions issue. While I do see you are an Admin and a Full user on the account in question, you do appear to be on our older User Model i.e. V1 User model. Guided installations are designed for V2 users in mind. Consider moving onto the newer User model

Also , are you using Proxy ? you need to customize your installation script.

We need access to a specific set of endpoints for this installation. Make sure you allow the traffic through your firewall or customize your installation above and use a proxy.

See our docs

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case of any additional queries or issues. I will be happy to help you.
Looking forward to hearing back from you

Best Regards
Yashaswi verma

Hi! Thanks for the quick response.

I don’t think proxies or connectivity issues are the problem, the Java APM agent is able to push data and the infrastructure agent was installed previously in the same host. It was after a uninstall when this issue appeared.

I will try to migrate the users to the new user model.

Best Regards!

Hi Yashaswi verma,

Reading the requirements in the link you posted and then checking this other document it seems that I am already on the new model. Also the account was created approximately a month ago

Hello @vrodevs ,

thank you for your patience!

Can you please also try the manual install this time and grab the original license key and manually create the yml file, get elevated rights on the servers so that you could add the new relic repo and then run “sudo yum install -v -y newrelic-infra”

Please use the original license Key!

Also check for the NETWORKS .

Best Regards
Yashaswi Verma

1 Like

The manual install did the trick. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Hello @vrodevs,

Glad to hear that the solution worked!

Please feel free to reach out if you have any other issues!

Best Regards
Yashaswi Verma