Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature: Add "Integration Not Reporting" Alert Conditions for Infrastructure Agent

feature-idea

I am part of the SRE team at my company. We have chose the new relic infrastructure agent to monitor our infrastructure. We are also leveraging a variety of the SDK integrations including mysql. We recently discovered a gap in agent monitoring.

If the agent completely stops reporting into new relic that can easily alerted on out of the box. However, if the agent has a problem with one of its integrations (e.g mysql credentials are no longer valid) it will log this problem locally but new relic provides no way to alert on this out of the box.

It would be quite helpful if new relic supported a “Integration Not Reporting” alert conditions.

New relic customer support did provide a good workaround for this using NRQL.

you could alternatively set up a NRQL alert condition targeting the MysqlSample event. Your query would look a bit like this (although you might want to add a WHERE clause or two):

SELECT count(*) FROM MysqlSample FACET entityName
You would then set the threshold to warn you when any entityName had a count of 0 MysqlSample events over the course of 5 minutes.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hey @jlorenzini - sounds like you got a good workaround up and running. That said in built features are always preferred over a workaround, so I have added a feature idea poll here for others to vote on, additionally I have logged this feature request internally to the product teams. :smiley: