Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Ability to ignore errors for a specific transaction from specific servers

feature-idea

Raised as incident #246586

On a particular app, we use a standard website URL as a loadbalancer healthcheck.

For a ‘warm standby’ set of DR web servers a call to particular page returns a 302 with an underlying System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException error of

Cannot open database “XXXXXXX” requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user ‘YYYYYYY’.

This is by design as the database is deliberately offline in this DR environment.

These are showing in New Relic as genuine errors…

There appears there is no way we can mask this error out for the combination of the request URL, response code, and originating host based on a name matching a given pattern without code change to specifically call the API to ignore the transaction under the given condition. I would like to be able to specify the rule in the newrelic.config.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @newrelicadmin1 - Are your DR servers on the same account as your production servers or on a different account?

@stefan_garnham Same account.

@newrelicadmin1 Thank you so much for contributing your idea to the Online Technical Community!

I have added a poll to your feature idea so that other customers can add their needs and use cases here in this thread! :blush: