New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Adaptable Y-axis

feature-request
feature-idea
rfb

I’m trying to replicate a Graphite chart in Insights. The Insights chart is not useful because I can’t control the Y-axis offset. Ideally I’d like to be able to let it adapt to the data being charted. (Sometime I want to start from 0, sometimes I don’t.)

the same data in insights

In my Graphite chart I can see what’s going on in my message queue clearly. I don’t see the same insights from Insights (pun intended!)

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Custom Y-Axis Scaling

Hey @dlutzy - Great idea! I’ve moved your post to the feature idea category and added a poll here for others to vote on too.

I’ll also get a feature request filed internally on your behalf :smiley:

I have this same issue. When looking at percentage indicators over a time series to see how they evolve, charts are useful for smaller percentages, since small variations are noticed on a 0-10% range.
However, when values oscillate between 75% and 85%, smaller variations are almost impossible to notice, therefore limiting the usefulness of the chart.
I submitted this request on another related topic earlier.

Thanks