Feature Idea: Add a CLS as part of Browser Measuring

Hi,
In the latest versions of New Relic Browser Agent has been added a support for a LCP (Largest Contentful Paint) metric. In changelog for a v1163, where exactly it was released, there is a good description about its importance. At the same time Google introduced the Web Vitals, where the three metrics LCP, FID and CLS described as “Core Web Vitals” that “should be measured by all site owners”.

As we know, FID is already part of New Relic Browser, LCP just been added, but there is no support for CLS (Cumulative Layout Shift). Do you have plans to add a CLS as part of browser measuring?

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

21 Likes

I added a poll to get the level of interest from other members. Looks like this one already has multiple likes! This Feature Idea has also been shared with our product team. Thank you!

4 Likes

In May this year, Google added the three new Core Web Vitals metrics to its page experience signals. In 6 months, CWV will be used in search ranking. So Cumulative Layout Shift is a ‘must have’ metric.

3 Likes

Thanks for your input @joe.hoyle - your thoughts have been added internally with a +1.

3 Likes