New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Add custom attributes via global configuration

feature-idea

Hi, Currently the only way to add custom attribute to transaction is to use php api:

newrelic_add_custom_parameter( string $key, scalar $value)

It means that every time I would like to add more context to transaction, and add custom attributes with its values I have to do a request change to the PHP code (I’m not a programmer so every time I have to talk with development team)

I would be great to have a possibility to point a php method name, and capture an argument passed to this method and send it to newrelic as a custom attribute (for simple types like string, number, etc.).

newrelic_add_custom_parameter(string , string , scalar <parameter_number>)

…but not from php api but in newrelic agent configuration file (or even better from GUI)

Im sure it’s possible from technical perspective. Blackfire, and Dynatrace covers that.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hey @ibarkowski - Thanks for posting here - that’s an excellent idea! I just got that filed to the PHP team here internally for you. :slight_smile: