Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Add feature to export Insights query results (that uses TIMESERIES) to CSV format

insights
feature-idea
export
csv
rfb

Please add a feature that will allow insights to export all transaction counts using TIMESERIES.

The following is an example of query I used in insights that could not be exported in CSV format.

SELECT count(*) from Transaction WHERE name = 'WebTransaction/MVC/pagecontroller/GetAccountBal' and appName = 'sitename.com' since 2 weeks ago TIMESERIES 1 hour

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Thanks for letting us know, @icardenas! I will be sure that our Insights Product Manager ( @hshapiro ) sees this! :thumbsup:

Please be sure to also cast your vote above!

Its available in JSON from the query api if you want to process it.

https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/insights/insights-api/get-data/query-insights-event-data-api

The data is not readable when I converted the json to csv that’s why I raised this ticket. The dates were converted in numbers that I could not understand like:

timeSeries/0/beginTimeSeconds = 1496707284

Is there a way I can read this converted data?

Looks like epoch time. Simple conversion.

The issue might be what you are using for “conversion” vs processing the JSON to something meaningful. If you are brute forcing it into excel you can find lots of examples on the internet for formulas for converting epoch or posix time to human readable time.

You’re a genius but again, I think it is still better if it would have the option to convert the epoch times in json to something readable via the New Relic Insights UI. It will save time. I just want this to make better.

Out of curiosity, what are you doing with the data outside of New Relic? Reports in Excel? Perhaps if you discussed your need we might find other solutions to the greater need.

Have you solved your need with the above or are you waiting for a solution?

i wanted to provide the metrics to clients on the webservice calls for a particular duration. this will help them decide whatever their needs are however, i could not export total count of transaction per hour each day. I can see it in the graph but they want it in text. I dont want to manually copy the values or convert the epoch times in json to excel using the formula. Anyway, I dont have a choice but to do that.

Select count(*) from transaction where name = ‘something’ facet hourOf(timestamp) since yesterday

That would get you a tidy table.

Truthfully, once you have a formula in excel its pretty easy to fill down or use a macro etc.

Thanks for giving your ideas! I also did that before I decided to post this request. The problem with that query is that it rounds of the total(count) for each hour and if you’re going to query since 1 week or so it does not divide each count by date. The query does not support grouping with more than 1 condition.

Well, you can make more than one query. One for each day. Merge them. It seems like you have a wide range of solutions.

This was alluded to already, but for posterity sake this is the workaround I found: copy/paste the timeseries’ json into https: // json-csv. com to then export as a csv or xlsx file, then within Excel run a formula like
= (((J2/60)/60)/24)+DATE (1970,1,1) and format to Date