Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Add scroll bar to widget

Executing NRQL queries with a large number of results provides you a scroll bar so that you can quickly view the entire series of results. When you add that query to a dashboard, you lose the scroll bar though, forcing you to either run the query again or expand it. Expanding the widget may still not provide the entire result.

Can scrolling capabilities be added to widgets so that we have the option to see the entire query results from a dashboard?

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Thanks for the great use case @peckb1! I added a poll to your post so that others can weigh in. I also will share this information with our product team.

This is actually super annoying that you can’t scroll from the main widget view. It’s so obvious that these views need to scroll that I actually filed a ticket because I assumed it was broken.

In my tableview, it’s hard to tell that there is actually additional data off to the right so a user might not even know they need to scroll.

Sure would be nice to be able to resize the column widths as well. Either by dragging them smaller or larger or being able to put a value in the query somewhere. So much wasted real estate on large viewing devices.

Hey @cfisher - I definitely understand the need for this feature. We’ll get your +1 added to the internal feature request. Please do vote on the poll here too :slight_smile: