New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Additional Function Features in NRQL

feature-request
feature-idea

Hi

I am being asked to provide dashboards, which I admit are more like reports, which require features that currently do not exist.

String functions
Left, Mid, Right, Trim, etc to change the display such as when we use setPageViewName to remove the custom.transaction:80/ on browserTransactionName.

SELECT average(duration) FROM PageView SINCE 1 week ago FACET(LEFT(browserTransactionName, 22))

Date functions
Better functions for manipulating dates. For example:

SELECT average(duration) FROM PageView SINCE Today.addDays(-5)

SELECT average(duration) FROM PageView SINCE last Monday.addDays(5)

SELECT average (duration) FROM PageView SINCE first day of current month UNTIL last day of current month

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Date Subtraction/Addition in NRQL?
Alerts based on conditions where the threshold is triggered on no data
Where clause no longer working

As a business user of such reports - these features will be a big step change in the value we currently get out of the tool!

Great additional input @stefan_garnham and @maurice.ky! Good to know how this feature would add value to our Insights product. Thanks for pitching in! Please vote above and I will pass this idea along to the product team. :thumbsup:

These types of feature addition will give you edge over reporting tools and NR can be become blend of APM + reporting

Thanks @rishi.deva - Appreciate your additional thoughts.