New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Alert related to error should give link to error

alerts
errors

Hello,
When we receive an alert about something in relation with errors, we should have if not in the alert itself, in the page where we are comming from the notification (mail, slack, whatever) a direct link to the error analytic page.

Why?
Because when we reach a level of error alert, we want to known what error are there. We don’t realty care about something else …

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Are you using legacy alerts or new alerts?

the new one, but I got the same issue previously (following the link you click in the notification)

Hi @jvb

My understanding is your email should link to the Incident page in New Relic alerts. Which should show you the error rate and the links from this page should be showing you the problem and allow you to click through to the error analytics.

Is that not the case for your email?

in email or slack, it’s the same issue you are not redirected to the error analytic page but to some other page

Thanks @jvb - I added a poll and made sure our team is aware of the request.

I think @acuffe was trying to say that from the App Overview page (which is where the alert notification links) you should be able to navigate to the Error Analytics page. It’s one click away, but should be available.

Yeah the error alert page will tell you there is an increase in the error rate, but there is no way to actually get to those errors without many clicks. If you are on mobile, it is nearly impossible to navigate to the Error Analytics page and get the information. Hard to imagine what else i would want to know during a error rate alert.

Thanks for sharing that context with us, @software2! I hope you voted in the poll above!. If you have more to share about your use case, you know where to find us. In the meantime: thanks for your patience while this feature (or workaround) is considered. :blush: